What is a Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)?
“As someone deciding on where they’ll live as they grow older, there are unique challenges to financing and home accessibility that come with real estate and future housing needs. When planning real estate changes over age fifty, an SRES can be the professional who actually works for the client and has the experience and training to understand the unique challenges facing seniors when it comes to housing.”
Since 2007, Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) designees have been helping maturing Americans with their needs. Part of the National Association of REALTORS® family of designations, the SRES® designation is conferred to REALTORS® who complete in-depth training in a wide variety of topics related to homebuyers and sellers over the age of 50. SRES expertise and unique services include:
- Helping manage the financial and emotional challenges of selling a long-held family home
- Knowledge of how Medicare or Medicaid can be affected by profits from a home sale
- Using reverse mortgages and retirement funds in real estate transactions
- Guidelines presented by the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Creating a customized plan to market and sell your property
- Understanding your unique needs and creating a plan to ensure your home meets those needs now and in the future
- Identifying senior housing options from active adult communities to aging in place
- Connecting you with a vast network of movers, attorneys, home inspectors, and other experts to help you through the process
A Realtor® since 2012 and an SRES designee since 2014, Hilary Walker and the Atlanta Seniors Real Estate Team are experienced in managing the sale of a home for those over the age of 50. Hilary understands the unique financial and emotional challenges older adults and their adult children face when there is a need to relocate. Hilary can help you with everything from reverse mortgages and the importance of universal design to the uses of retirement plans in real estate transactions and how to avoid loan schemes and scams that take advantage of mature adults. Click here to read what ASRE clients have to say about Hilary’s unparalleled services or contact her to set up a time for a complimentary consultation.
“Hilary works tirelessly to alleviate the unique conditions that make moving so difficult for seniors. It takes a special person to be able to understand the challenges seniors face when confronting the prospect of moving at their late stage in life. Managing them with respect and dignity and assuring their interests are being met is a delicate balance. Hilary seems to do this with ease.”
-Patti, ASRE Client